Automation, abandoned malls and the future of microfulfillment
Our once-loved high streets have been struggling to compete with ecommerce for years. As more time passes, online shopping is taking more jobs — and more capital — from traditional retail outlets and models.
But there’s an opportunity here for bricks and mortar stores. And it lies in plain sight.
Abandoned shopping centres, large chain retailers and others who are being hurt by the rise of businesses like Amazon could become key facilitators in the future of microfulfillment. By using the high street to hold, ship and process online orders, pure-play ecommerce businesses can move inventory through, and from, buildings located in densely-populated areas.
And by automating that process — building up a network between online and in-person retailers — it could be that soon, every online retailer will be able to offer same-day shipping.
It’s an unlikely synergy that gets customers what they want, when they want it, while offering new income streams to worried high street shop owners.
Click here to read more about automation and its impact on traditional and digital retail.
The latest from Zapier
- Most people enter the world of automation to save time on manual tasks, but automation can help you achieve so much more besides. In this article, you can see how Unbounce has been using Zapier to drive growth for years.
- Offices around the world are moving towards paperless working. But what happens when you need a client to sign your contract or statement of work? That’s where the eSignature comes in. Click here to learn seven ways of managing electronic signatures, using the power of Zapier.
- ecommerce tools like Gumroad can be a huge help in simplifying the sale of digital products. In this Luhhu tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate Gumroad with Zapier in 4 useful ways.
- If you're an independent content creator, Ko-fi is one of the best platforms for bringing in a consistent income. And now, Ko-fi integrates with Zapier, too.
- Being a small business owner usually means you’re a Jack of all trades — and a master of them all, as well. You need to close sales, create content, and keep everything going in the back office. It’s a lot to take on. But no-code tools can help. Click here to find out more.
The latest from Integromat
- Does automation really increase productivity? Or is it all a bunch of hype? In this post, Integromat puts any doubts to rest, using seven different data points to set the record straight.
- Speaking of productivity, check out this other article from Integromat, as well. It tells the tale of a firm that was able to boost efficiency by 17% through three simple integrations.
- Improving your project management and adapting to change are habits that LiquidPlanner can help you cement. And now, you can combine LiquidPlanner with Integromat for an extra dose of workplace efficiency.
- One of the most difficult aspects of automating your business is deciding what to automate when. That's why we're sharing this list of ten different sales processes you can automate right now with Integromat.
- Cognito Forms is one of the most popular tools for sending and receiving forms and surveys. By combining it with Integromat, you'll learn how to bring even more power to this tool. Here's some inspiration.