The future of work in a post-automation world
We talk a lot about automation removing the menial, unnecessary and down-right draining tasks from our working lives. The question is though, how long before automation can do all of our work?
And, of course, what happens to us when we’re out of a job?
Embracing a post-automation (or "post-work") world may mean more people rely on universal basic income, or a fixed amount of taxed money paid to citizens routinely. Other solutions involve offering tax breaks to businesses that employ humans over automated solutions.
Together, these two initiatives could mean the best of both worlds: where workers continue to delegate to, and make use of, automated support systems, while still being employed and earning a liveable (if a little lower) wage.
And with our working days creeping longer and longer, maybe that’s what we all need?
Whatever strategies end up in place for managing the future of automation, it's exciting to be on the ground floor of what is sure to be a major revolution in the world of work.
The latest from Zapier
- Zapier’s pricing structure makes a lot of sense — pay for the tasks you need, and not more. So to help avoid overages and interruptions, Zapier has just released a beta version of a ‘Zapier Manager’. Check it out here!
- Business leads can come in from all sorts of channels. With ActiveCampaign and Zapier, you can put the process of following up with them on autopilot, here’s how.
- Feeling busier (and less organised) than ever? In this tutorial, you'll learn how automation can step in as an Executive Assistant, and help you get back on track.
- HelpCrunch is a powerful tool for contacting customers — offering live chat and email automation across platforms. And now, you can use it with Zapier.
- Looking for ways to make remote working more effective? In this Luhhu tutorial, we describe how stats bots can give team members the info they need, when they need it. The result? Greater transparency, productivity, and accountability too.
The latest from Integromat
- SharpSpring touts itself as “the most comprehensive and affordable sales and marketing automation platform on the market”. With it, you can grow your customer base, keep in touch with new leads, and now, integrate with Integromat.
- Human Resources is under increased pressure from the pandemic and its fallout, that's why tools like BambooHR are such a big help. And with Integromat integration, BambooHR just got even more helpful too.
- With so many apps on Integromat, how do you choose the ones that are right for you? In this post, you can browse the platform’s most popular “certified partners” — that’s a great place to start.
- Automation fans can also get a lot out of no-code platforms, like Adalo. And now that Integromat integrates with Adalo, no-code app building just got even easier.
- Is your law practice wasting time on resource-heavy tasks? Clio Manage is a tool to simplify organising and managing a law firm, and it’s just been added to Integromat as well.